(Ep. 2.3) Using Humor to Heal with Ivy LaClair and Blake Brandes
October 17, 2017
Welcome to the first official stand-alone "after show" episode!
If you listened to our interview last week with the ultra-spiritual JP Sears, or even if you’re just familiar
with his hilarious videos, you know that JP has found the balance between being funny and making some very important observations about our society.
One thing that really stood out to us as we spoke with JP was how he’d been using humor to mask his pain and heal his wounds ever since he was a child. This is something we both have a lot of experience with as well and that’s why we wanted to dive more into this topic in this week’s episode. Enjoy!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How Ivy has used humor to mask her pain throughout the years
- Blake’s experience of trying to use humor as a form of acceptance from his peers
- What Blake discovered while he was in France about how he uses humor to communicate
- The power of using humor to silence your inner critique
- Why nothing matters … in the best way possible
- Our mission to not take ourselves too seriously while discussing serious topics
Links and Resources:
Motivational Millennial Podcast: Episode 2.2: Be the Warrior the Who Faces the Dragon Inside You with
How to Be More Addicted to Your Phone - Ultra Spiritual Life Episode 65