(Ep. 2.5) Using Trial and Error to Find Your Purpose with Ivy LaClair and Blake Brandes
October 31, 2017
During our conversation last week with Loren Trlin, in which we talked about how she helps young people figure out their purpose, we realized a common theme in that process was trial and error.
This might have stood out to us because we’ve both used trial and error, whether intentionally or not, to figure out our own purposes.
In this episode, we explain how trial and error led us both to where we are today, how our unhealthy relationships with money have had a ripple effect on various aspects of our lives, and why our issues with feeling unworthy of success kept us from realizing our true purpose.
What you'll hear in this episode:
- How trial and error led Blake and Ivy to their current careers
- Why you purpose doesn’t have to be directly related to your career
- What excites Blake about his “accidental” career?
- Ivy’s atypical perspective on purpose and how hers has changed over the years
- How worthiness factors into purpose
- The importance of having a healthy relationship with money
Links and Resources:
The Soul of Money: Reclaiming the Wealth of Our Inner Resources by Lynne Twist