(Ep. 17) Creating Intentional Conversations and Meaningful Life Moments with Dr. Todd Jenkins
September 13, 2016
Dr. “Bowtie” Todd Jenkins, Jr. is the Founder and CEO of Bowtie Leadership & Development, Inc., a leadership management and personal development firm with a focus in bringing diverse people together to increase individual or organizational productivity and performance. Also known as “Dr. Bowtie Todd,” he hosts weekly leadership twitter conversations @bowtieconvo discussing everyday leadership issues for everyday people. With recent talks in Brazil, Japan, and Korea, Todd is known as someone who engages, unravels, and connects to service and love for all mankind.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Todd’s passion to help people and organizations with leadership development
- The story of the Bowtie brand
- B-O-W: Be mentally and physically present, be open to new ideas, and be willing to share your own experience.
- “Tie it together”
- Nuances of communicating with others
- How Todd found a platform through influencing others
- Being an entrepreneur is like working out for your physical body
- “Working out”---entrepreneur-style!
- Have a mindset to ACHIEVE
- Take time to enjoy life’s moments
- Have things in life that motivate you
- Why it’s a GREAT time to be a millennial!
- Todd’s advice: “We are blessed with a world of opportunities. Be patient and enjoy life’s moments. Be aggressive and learn to take your time. Learn to say NO and give your best YES. Give back as you go. Have a sense of spiritual balance. Don’t limit yourself. Travel and experience new cultures. Understand yourself to be understood.
- Todd’s morning routine: early wake-up, workout, inspirational music, breakfast, reading, prayer, and reflection-----and then . . . THE BOWTIE!
- A favorite quote from St. Augustine: “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.”