(Ep. 2.7) The Power of the Story We're Telling Ourselves with Ivy LaClair and Blake Brandes
November 14, 2017
In last week’s episode, we spoke with Caleb Arring and Matthew VanHorn who are successful business mentors for LGBTQ entrepreneurs.
During that conversation we talked about the medical scare that completely changed their perspective on their career paths, the unique challenges LGBTQ entrepreneurs face when starting and growing a business, why entrepreneurs should switch to outcome-based planning instead of to-do lists, and more.
While talking with Caleb and Matthew we were particularly fascinated with how they were able to change their perspectives and see a direct result in their business. So often we convince ourselves we’re not capable of accomplishing the things we want when there’s actually nothing stopping us but ourselves. In this episode, we’re going to dig a little deeper into this topic.
What you'll hear in this episode:
- Ivy’s biggest takeaway from their interview with Caleb Arring and Matthew VanHorn
- Blake’s biggest takeaway from the interview
- Using gratitude to switch to a “now that” perspective instead of an “if-then” perspective
- The difference between Blake and Ivy’s views on life purpose
- How Blake used gratitude to get through his CrossFit class
Links and Resources:
(Ep. 2.6) From Struggling to Survive to Successful Business Mentors with Matthew VanHorn & Caleb Arring
Blake’s New Album: Remix Your Reality