(Ep. 2.31) Success is a Journey, Not a Destination with Ivy LaClair and Blake Brandes
May 1, 2018
In last’s week’s episode with Chelann Gienger, we talked about her incredibly entrepreneurial journey that saw her open a brick and mortar business when she was only 18 years old, why it’s important to see everything in your business as a growth opportunity, why we need to take “extreme ownership” of our lives, and so much more.
In this week’s episode, we were inspired by our conversation with Chelann to dive more into the idea that we should embrace moments in the present to better enjoy our journey instead of focusing so much on the destination or goal we’ve set for ourselves. Enjoy!
What you'll hear in this episode:
- How Chelann’s story reminded Blake of the power of starting where you are now
- An example of how Ivy let the fear of starting too late stop her from doing something she wanted
- The role having a growth mindset can play in the story we tell ourselves about what we’re capable of accomplishing at any age
- What Blake likes about Seth Godin’s perspective on our threshold for failure
- What Ivy doesn’t like about Seth Godin’s perspective on our threshold for failure
- What do you want to gift your future self by taking consistent steps through your journey?
- How managing our expectations can help us be happier on our journey to achieving our goals
- Taking ownership of your journey to make it more enjoyable
- The difference between happiness and fulfillment
Links and Resources: