(Ep. 47) The Edge of the Wilderness with Skylar Wilson
April 11, 2017
Do you feel connected to the wilderness? Maybe Wild Awakenings is for you! Skylar Wilson is working to make a wonderful experience for people who want to connect with the wilderness and lose themselves in it. Listen to episode 47 of Motivational Millennial to learn more about what Skylar is doing and how you can be a part of it.
Skylar is the founder of Wild Awakenings, a conscious community of change-makers dedicated to the thriving of Earth, life, and humanity. He is a minister in the Creation Spirituality tradition, specializing in guiding sacred wilderness immersion experiences (also known as Vision Quests).
For the last 3 years, Skylar has directed transformational events and retreats for thousands of people around the country, including the Cosmic Mass, an intercultural healing ritual that builds community through dancing and the arts.
What you'll hear in this episode:
- What Skylar Wilson is up to
- What Skylar loves about his job
- Was it challenging for Skylar to go back to normal life?
- The things Skylar notices when he is coming back
- The goals of Wild Awakenings
- When Skylar knew what he wanted to do with his life
- Skylar’s biggest dream and how for he had to go to achieve it
- What the most significant challenge has been for Skylar and how he is working to overcome it
- How Skylar brings the wilderness and his work into his day-to-day life
- The challenges that some members of the millennial generation face
Links and Resources:
Connect with Skylar:
Wild Awakenings - Skylar’s website