(Ep. 2.29) Loving Your True Self with Ivy LaClair and Blake Brandes
April 17, 2018
In this week’s episode, we’re reflecting on our conversation last week with Gregg Clunis from the Tiny Leaps, Big Changes podcast.
One of the main things that stood out to both of us during that conversation was how Gregg knew in high school he needed to change from being an introvert to being an extrovert if he was going to accomplish all his goals in life. He was able to accomplish that transition by throwing himself into theater and other events that put him in the spotlight. However, as an adult, Gregg’s struggled with understanding what part of him is still on performance mode and what part is who he truly is.
It’s this struggle that we’re diving into today. Enjoy!
What you'll hear in this episode:
- What Ivy found most inspiring about the conversation with Gregg
- How yoga is the perfect example for Ivy of how we can change how we view ourselves because of our actions
- Do performance versions of ourselves hold us back or liberate us?
- The importance of evaluating your actions and skills without judgement
- Why we need to update the stories we tell ourselves
- How a coach or therapist can help you learn to love your true self
Links and Resources:
Ep. 2.28 How Tiny Leaps Lead to Big Changes with Gregg Clunis