(Ep. 44) Beatboxing and Growth Mindset with Kaila Mullady
March 21, 2017
If you love cutting edge performance and experiencing some of the incredible things that uniquely creative individuals are able to do, using only their bodies, listen to today's show, with Blake and Ivy's dynamic guest, Superdope Beatboxer and Theatrical Wizard, Kaila Mullady.
Out of the box Kaila, who started beatboxing in the fourth or fifth grade, is the 2015 World Beatbox Champion, the 2014 America Vice Beatbox Champion, three times Loop Station Champion and three times reigning Beat Rhyme Champion. She performs all over New York City, the rest if the country and in other countries, using beatboxing, singing, rapping, poetry and theatre to push the boundaries of creativity and to demonstrate just what the human instrument is capable of. Listen in today and get ready to be blown away!
Today, Kaila talks to Blake and Ivy about:
- What she was like as a kid.
- What she's up to at the moment.
- The fun she has, moving between being an individual performer and a collaborative artist.
- The craziest idea that she's managed to pull off.
- The unique show that she and her team put on in Switzerland.
- The biggest dream she's achieved so far.
- Her work with speech impaired children.
- How gender issues affect the her in the Hip Hop Community.
- How her accomplishments as an artist have surprised her.
- The biggest challenge she's faced so far and how she overcame it.
- Her advice to other Millennials who are on a journey towards fulfillment and success.
- The most challenging thing she's had to practice till she could never get it wrong.
- Her take on the Growth Mindset.
- The unique challenges that Millennials face currently.
- Social Entrepreneurship- the way of the future.