(Ep. 9) Building Technology Products for a Better Life with Andrew Thomas
July 19, 2016
Andrew Thomas is a co-founder of SkyBell Video Doorbell, a smart home security company with a video doorbell that lets you see who’s at your door from a smartphone. Andrew heads business development and platform strategy efforts for SkyBell – working with Honeywell, Alarm.com, Nest, Amazon and more. Andrew is an Internet of Things expert, writes for Inc.com, Forbes and the Huffington Post Blog, and has been interviewed on TV, podcasts and in print.
Listen to the episode as Andrew shares:
- SkyBell’s video doorbell—What a GREAT idea!
- Andrew’s passion: helping people access affordable home security
- How his entrepreneurial journey led to SkyBell
- SkyBell is empowering!
- Why not? or What if?
- The challenge of “staying in the middle”
- Mindfulness, meditation, and gratefulness
- Entertain curiosity!
- Try different things! (like surfing and boxing)
- Andrew’s ideal morning routine
- The inspiration for his Forbes article on millennials
- The Battle for Perception
- A favorite motivational book? How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie (He has read it 14 times!)
- Stay tuned for the After Show, where we discuss our most meaningful takeaways, including Andrew’s “Gratitude Journal.”
Links and Resources:
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie